Friday, May 23, 2008

"Normal" Life

Sorry it has been a while since I updated. I wasn’t sure what to write about, but I realize you will all quit reading if I don’t update soon. I started back to work this week, which means Carter had to go back to daycare. He was a little spoiled in St. Louis so this transition has been a little hard on all involved. On Monday I cried when I dropped him off. I felt like it was the first time I took him all over again. He only took a 30 minute nap on both Monday and Tuesday which made for a short night with mom and dad. He fell asleep very quickly after coming home both nights.
On Wednesday we went to the Springfield zoo with some of the ladies in one of my bible studies. It was fun to get out in the warm weather and be with both of my boys. We also had a picnic and Evan got to play at the park.
I took Carter to his regular pediatrician this week, and she was happy to see him looking so good. He had an ear infection whenever they found the tumor and he still kind of has it. The Dr. wants him to see an ENT and possibly get ear tubes. I know ear tubes are so simple compared to what he has been through, but I don’t want him to go through one more procedure. So, we will see the ENT next week and go from there.
More info on the big birthday bash:
We will have Carter’s party at Southern Hills Baptist Church on June 7, at 2:00 p.m.
In lieu of gifts we will be collecting donations for Friends of Kids with Cancer or Polk County Relay for Life (American Cancer Society).
Friends of Kids with Cancer is an organization that gave Carter a gift card and they give kids with cancer different gifts such as tickets to ball games, toys, etc.
Carter will be in his first Relay for Life in June. I know this will be emotional for me because it always is just to see all the people who have dealt with cancer, but I know actually being a part of it will be even more emotional.
For not being sure what to write about, this is becoming a very long post.
Please continue to pray that the cancer cells left in Carter’s body will disappear completely. I am having a hard time knowing there is cancer left in my baby’s body. When I talk to people and tell them our story I feel like I am talking about someone else, this whole thing still seems so surreal. I think I will always cringe when I hear, think or speak the “C” word. I am so thankful for all of you, and can’t wait to see who comes to Carter’s big 1 year of life celebration!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,


I am glad that your life is somewhat returning to normal. It is always good to be home. I also wanted you to know that our Relay for Life team at the Esquire is walking in honor of Carter this year. He is an AMAZING baby...... and we look forward to watching him grow up. take care of yourselves. Praying always. ~Traci and Larry Froelich

Anonymous said...

Friends: Thanks for the post and the 411. I wondered how the week was going for you all.
With gratitude to the Father for the gift of life and life together today!

Your praying friends, Billy & Regina

Anonymous said...

I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL. I KNOW ITS HARD BUT YOU ALL ARE STRONG.I WILL DELIFINLY BE AT HIS BDAY. MY LOVE ROSIE

Rachel said...

So excited about Carter's party!!!! We'll be there :)
Love you
Rachel

Anonymous said...

We wouldn't miss the party. We're praying the cancer is leaving his body as well. I can actually write this without getting emotional. Surprise!! We will also pray about your ENT visit. I don't blame you, I don't want him to have to go through anything else right now. We love you, Joy and Larry