Thursday, June 19, 2008

My little miracles

I know I have mentioned this before, but I want to mention it again. The day before we found out Carter had a tumor I had said in my Wednesday morning bible study that I often take for granted that my children are miracles and how grateful I am for them being so healthy. While things for Carter could have been a lot worse I am still very grateful. I don't write about Evan on here very much, but he is just as important to me. I often think of a miracle as something huge. For example, a miracle would have been when they did the first cat-scan there would have been no sign of a mass. However, there was a mass and it was a cancerous tumor, but what a miracle that they found it before it had spread. What a miracle that they could remove most of it. What a miracle that he doesn't need chemo. What a miracle that the cancer was not making him sick. What a miracle that when Carter gets older he won't remember all of this. What a miracle that Evan is such a great big brother. What a miracle that Evan is healthy and so active. What a miracle that we live in a country where we can praise the One who created us. What a miracle that my 2 healthy boys have 2 healthy parents that can take care of them. I think so often we take life for granted and let the hustle and bustle of everyday life get to us. Who cares if our children are a little (ok a lot) more hyper than others? Who cares that our 4 year old makes messes that we don't have time to clean up? Who cares that our 1 year old can almost get into everything, Praise the Lord that Carter CAN get into everything. I know I am rambling but I just felt like I needed to share this. Now I am going to post some pictures and videos of what we have been up to. Thanks for your continued prayers.

On Saturday we got to see a U.S. Army Helicopter (yes, in the metropolis of Bolivar!)
Evan got to sit in the Pilot seat!





Carter with a cute smile, and a short video of him laughing.



Carter had a long day at day care on Tuesday, and fell asleep right after dinner!

One day while we were doing some work outside Evan found a frog, it was so funny.






Hope this made you smile and reminds you that life is precious even when it is chaotic. Take time to hug and enjoy your family (that means right now, quit reading my blog)!

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

That video of Evan and the frog is something else! SO CUTE!

Deqlan said...

DEQLAN WOULD HAVE LOVED THE HELICOPTER, THEY ARE ONE OF HIS FAVORITE THINGS - AND FROGS! FOREVER RELIANT ON GOD!
GOD BLESS
SAMM MOM TO DEQLAN
WWW.DEQLANHIGGINS.BLOGSPOT.COM