Friday, August 15, 2008

Wonderful Gift

Carter received a wonderful gift yesterday and I must say it is the best gift ever. I saw a box sitting on the counter when I got home from work yesterday that had Carter's name on it. I was curious and immediately opened it. What I saw was so shocking and exciting. Carter received a St. Louis Cardinals 2006 World Series Champions hat. On the hat is written: "To Carter God Bless You, A. Pujols"

It is the neatest thing ever. I can't even grasp that someone famous would take time to not only sign a hat for my son but also put effort into writing Carter's name. Albert Pujols is definitely up there in my book. (as if that matters)

Okay so I am sure you are wondering how in the world did a 1 year old get something so cool and valuable. Well when Carter was diagnosed we were told about a program called Caps for Kids. They give caps to children with cancer and you can pick your top 3 picks of who you want to autograph a hat. Well, our top pick was Albert Pujols but we thought it would just be his autograph on a plain Jane hat not a cool World Series hat. So of course we were stoked (that means really excited) about the hat and just in case anyone is wondering we are going to put it up in a display case. Here are a few pictures and I will try to get some better ones soon. Hopefully a post about vacation and some pictures will soon follow but until then, we had a wonderful time and did not want to come home.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cool gift! So neat that he took the time to write a personal note with Carter's name.

Way to go on the walking, Carter!

Hope you guys had a great time in Florida.

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awesome gift. I am glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...I know I've told you that, but yeah...it's great...see I still check the blog.

BTW...love stoked...good term...bringing it back..oh yeah

Rachel said...

Wow - how exciting!!! Makes coming home from vacation a little bit cooler when you have something that awesome sitting on your counter!!